View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Czechoslovoka, Hungary, the Berlin Wall, Iron Curtain?

First of all, I don't agree with everything Pipes said but I do think he made an important point.

Second, we have a simple communication problem regarding my use of the phrase "more intractable": I wasn't comparing the Palestinian view to the Israeli and designating one as more intractable than the other. I was trying to say that the view of those Palestinians who would refuse to accept a compromise with Israel which includes two states living side by side in peace--in other words, those Palestinians who would be satisfied with nothing less than the "right of full return"--are holding a view that is ultimately more intractable (and less likely to succeed) than their Palestinian brethren who would be willing to accept a two-state solution.

As for the other points you bring up, it's late and I must sleep. By the way, when I don't answer all of the points you bring up in a post, it's generally because I either don't have time or energy to answer all of them in that post...and you do sometimes list a great many points. Hence the convenience factor comes into play fairly often.