View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Empire Poker screwed me out of $860

Thanks for the help guys. I will pursue the avenues you mentioned if my last e-Mail does not work. Here is what I sent them:

<<<I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at Empire and I will always remember it as the site that gave me my start in poker, but I feel it is time to take a stand. I have withdrawn my entire account into Neteller (over $8500) and I am ready to take it to Pokerstars if I am not granted a refund.

Here's the issue with the refund: I entered 4 $200+15 Sit and Go's and about 5 minutes in, I was kicked out of these tourneys. I tried to get back in, but I received messages saying my account was frozen and to call you about it. Thus, I had no way to participate in these tourneys and my $860 was lost. You denied my first refund request saying that you could not grant a refund if my connection were the issue. I can understand this, you can't hand out refunds to ppl who get disconnected do to something wrong with their connections. HOWEVER, the issue was NOT my internet connection. My connection worked fine and I even tried a second computer to make sure. I could not get back in to these tournaments b/c you had frozen my account. If I were at fault here I would not be asking for a refund, but it was b/c of Empire that I lost this $860, NOT my internet connection.

As I've said before, I would guess that I am probably one of your Top 5 biggest customers. I play around 40 $200+15 SNGs a day, I am a VIP who earns 600 points a day, and I am even #1 in your tournament masters. You make around $250,000 a year in rakes off me. For such a valued customer, I am surprised you are not willing to make me happy on this issue, especially when you are primarily at fault for losing my $860.

Thus, my final ultimaatum is this: If I do not see an $860 refund in my account within the next 24 hours, I will leave Empire Poker for good, never to return. I do not want this to happen, and I KNOW you don't want it to happen, but it's the way it has to be. I lost $860 b/c a fault of yours, not mine and if I don't get it back, then I'll go elsewhere to a site where my business is appreciated.>>>