View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 05:56 PM

Default A short hand I don\'t like

Villain is 31/9/2.00 from 40 hands in a previous session, and has been known to raise A9o. He called down with top pair a few hands ago.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Something about this hand doesn't ring right, but I can't put my finger on what. I'm tempted to say that the turn was a fold in a small pot where I'm possibly drawing dead and the pot's just 6BB. The river was pretty weak of me as well, and I really shouldn't be fearing a flush/straight. Bet out on the river or go for a c/r?

Edit: forgot to add, villain bought in for 10BB which takes my perception of him down a couple notches.