View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Couple HU hands and a couple HU PF decisions.

I've been working on my HU game lately. I'm having fun but feel a little lost. It's hard to develop good reads when you only play about 30-50 hands against an opponent so I only note their general style (loose/tight, passive/aggressive) and if they do something completely strange.

Hand 1:
Villain is a straightforward player. Although he seems a bit tight for HU play.
I have A2o in the SB/Button
I raise PF, Villain calls.
Flop: Ad 4d 4h
Villain checks, I bet, Villain folds.

I think I should've checked behind here. I'm WA/WB. If he has an ace or a four, I'm toast. He's probably not calling my bet with anything else other than a flush draw. So I should probably check behind and hope to induce a bluff on the turn. If he checks the turn I need to re-evaluate depending on the card and think about either betting or checking again (hoping to induce a bluff). What does everyone think?

Hand 2
standard opponent. a bit loose-passive although he's tried some weird stuff a couple times.
I have Kd7d in the BB
Villain open completes in the SB/Button, I raise, Villain calls.
Flop: 8h 2h 8c
I bet, Villain calls.
Turn: 6c
I bet, Villain calls.
River: Jd
I check, Villain bets, I call.

What does everyone think?

I thought check calling the river on hand two was the right play for a couple reasons. I don't see any point in betting because he'll never call me with a worse hand, therefore I should check. So the question is do I check/fold or check/call. The river is 5BB. I figured that most players in his situation, will take a shot at the river because my play looks like I gave up with overcards. I think check/calling will be good 1 in 5.

Preflop decisions:
J7o in the SB/Button....raise or fold preflop? no reads.
J2s in the SB/Button....raise or fold preflop? no reads.