easy fold?

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($103.50)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($116.60)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($94.70)</font>
MP ($146.30)
Button ($69.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, UTG calls $5, Button folds.

Flop: ($13.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $24</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

opponent dependent but against most players I'd call here and check the turn, see if he takes the free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this guy has it right. There are a few things I'd like to know about this guy you are playing:

1. Is he a good player?

2. Has he limped from early position before?

3. How has he typically been playing draws and made hands.

Let me give you an example. I have a guy I play with regularly who IS a good player and likes to limp in with a variety of hands. He'll do it with Aces,Kings, AK, small pairs, suited connectors - alot of different things.

He generally plays very aggressive with draws in position and with made hands out of position and plays them the opposite when the position is changed. And he is not aggressive AT ALL with medium to big pairs on or after the flop that haven't improved.

Against this guy who I play with, you can bank that you are nearly dead. He has you with exactly the hand he is hoping. He has a set about 95%, maybe an up and down straight flush draw the other times, and about 1% of the time a straight bluff.

If you have no read on this opponent, and it is a typical game for this level, which means you have alot of weak players who overvalue hands like Ax or an overpair, then I'd be inclined to set him all in on the flop.

If he is a mid-level thinker, like me, I'd also do that. I'm not a good player, maybe a little above average. I am more likely to have limped in with KK and now think I am trapping you, or trying to protect my hand against what I perceive as the weak players that play any Ace in this game.

Does that make sense? BTW, I'm trying to get better [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]