View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: How do you feel about people outright asking you for money?

As others have already stated in their replies, these people aren't very good friends. Anybody who thinks you should give them money just because you have it is a tool. At least in my world view, that makes no sense. As soon as one of these jokers does this, tell them that you are hurt that they would even ask. When they say they were just joking, tell them no, you were not. Don't you remember, I'm a winning poker player, and I can tell when you're bluffing and when you're not. You weren't bluffing when you asked, but you are bluffing now when you say you were just joking.

Even if it's not true that you can read them so well, they'll buy it, and you'll be right, anyway.

I am aware that many people are like these friends of yours. Not long after I won, somebody asked my Dad how it feels to be rich. He said, what are you talking about, and they replied that your Son must have given you at least a million, so how does it feel to be a millionaire. My Dad just laughed at them, and asked them why they would assume that I would just give him a bunch of money. They truly believed that this was just the way it would work. To them, it was a given that if I win 5M, I give at leat 1M to my parents. Obviously, if my parents ever need anything, I'll do whatever I can to help, but why just give them money? I sure don't see things that way.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)