Thread: Turn raises....
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Turn raises....

[ QUOTE ]
A few times in my sessions yesterday the following situation came up. I would raise in EP (10 handed) with a hand like AK or AQ. Two callers to see a very ragged flop like 2h 6d 8c. I would bet the flop, one would drop, and the other call. I then would fire again on the turn when a total blank hit and get raised. I was foolish enough to call down in a few instances like that with my AK thinking it might be a "move" with a weaker unpaired hand like AT/QK/QJ/etc. I'm realizing now that they seemed to be wasted bets as the three or so times I called down with AK I saw a hand like a med. overpair. So my question is are turn raises with nothing at limits like 2-4/3-6 on party rare?

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

Well without reads u can't really tell if its a "move" or not -- if u see a player at your table check-raise the turn a few times with nothng, make a mental note so if you're in the same situation u have an idea of whats going on.

As far as AK with two limpers on a ragged flop. Bet the flop. (got one to drop, thats good) if its a brick on the turn and u bet and get raised, there are a couple of hands that could be out against u. Top flop pair, set, an overpair to the board, maybe even a low two pair. Usually the turn is where u really find out if they have something or not. If I bet and get raised on the turn with AQ or AK and the pot is small, Im likely to fold it.

I think the play is good though, in this case the 2nd limper hit something (sometimes they will put u on AK-AJ and if they feel their 99-QQ is good they will bet/raise the turn)