Thread: good play?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 01:06 PM

Default results

He folded, but I realize that I probably got extremely lucky here. When he underbet the pot on the flop, I decided to call and see what he did on the turn. I figured that the flop was drawy, so it seemed odd that he did not make a pot size bet to put maximum pressure on me. Then when he only bet $300 into a $700 pot on the turn, I decided to make a play. I thought that if he really liked his hand, why wouldn't he go ahead and put me all in on the turn? Again, I know I probably got really lucky, but that is what I was thinking. A couple of people have said that I would run into AA, KK, and QQ too often here. Wouldn't be have bet more (especially on the turn) with any of those hands? I mean, the flop has all sorts of straight draws, and the turn card puts 2 flush draws out there. Plus, I have shown that I am somewhat willing to play a big pot by calling on the flop. So, if he had a set, wouldn't he make a bigger bet on the turn, looking to play as big a pot as possible? And if he had AA, wouldn't he have bet more, trying to put maximum pressure on a drawing hand? Maybe it was just wishful thinking, but his smallish bet on the turn made me think he did not like his hand.