View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: 88...could be boring. Looking for input from n00bs

Not too bad...Here's my take:

The flop: This is the first important decision. (Almost) Undoubtedly, we have the best hand here. We want: a) to get in lots of $$ while we have a good equity edge. and b) drive out some hands that will give us fits (draws)

While c/r'ing will do a good job of (a), it does sweet dick-all for (b). Really, the only people we are looking to push off here are people with hands like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

So, we bet, and MP1 will likely raise and maybe drop a couple of backdoor hands for us. This gives us the opportunity to 3-bet and build up the pot with the best hand right now + a great chance to improve.

Turn: Pretty straightforward. Best hand, bet it.

River: An interesting scenario that comes up pretty frequently. Usually we like to value bet the river with a good hand, but the correct play here is a check/call. I want to see a SD here with my set. The most likely draw just came in. There are 2 opponents, increasing the chance that a T is in play. We could bet and fold to a raise, but I'm not 95% sure that they're not bluff-raising here so I would have to call it. Checking might induce a bluff from 2-pair or a missed flush draw. Check/call this river.