View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Idiot thinks he\'s in WSOP, what does it mean?

Ok, let me preface this by saying this is not my standard play in this situation, but the table was afraid of monsters under the bed especially in family pots and i was on a rush, so thats my excuse for my ridiculously bad play. That said, I'm most interested in the flop decision here. Blinds are $3-5, I cover the table and most stacks are short around $200-$300.

I have Q8 in the BB, literally everyone calls. the flop is (edit from QJ9, there was no straight on the board) QJx. I check, guy to my left makes a $15 bet, and 3 callers. I have decent tells on the two solid players who call and they look weak. I raise to $75 (into about a $65 pot).

Ok heres where it gets fun. guy to my left who was the initial bettor starts talking like he has me so figured out, "Why so much?" "Why so much?" (I'm trying not to laugh because it wasn't like I threw $300 into the pot here). Other guy still in the pot is like, "Its like a pot sized raise", first guy keys saying "Why would you be that much?"

He then says ok, and pushes all in for $125 more. If he had just pushed and nothad this speech, I'm insta-mucking, but now I'm confused. What to do here?

Edit: oh, it folded around to me.

oops, second edit.. it wasn't QJ9, because there was no straight on the board.. ti was Q9x.