View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 03:44 PM

Default Re: My first 100 BB downswing (OT)

[ QUOTE ]
If your confidence and game are suffering, and you still want to play poker, do what I do: play as many .5/1 tables as you can physically handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this as well, and I think it helps. If I'm in a rut, the cards are cold as can be, and the suckouts are bothering me, I'll 4-table .5/1 and just let the cards wash over me. Very soothing.

I also just hit my first major downswing at 2/4. Through 5k hands I was running about 4BB/100. After 8k hands, I'm now down to about .01BB/100. It's been frustrating, to say the least.

I decided last night to make a trip to Canterbury for some brick and mortar action. I figured this would be a nice change of pace, and give me a chance to focus on reading other players (one of my weaknesses). Played some 3/6 and 4/8 and had a great time. Except for one horrendous hand, I played well. Made some good reads, and had a very fun time just playing some cards and focusing on the players around me. Now I'm ready to get back to 2/4 this weekend and hopefully kick some ass. If you have a local card room, I'd recommend this as another option to help break out of a funk.

Good luck,