View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Foxwoods - short trip short report

Last Saturday, while on my way home from a family vacation, stopped at Foxwoods for a quick poker session. The last time I was at Foxwoods was around 1996 so I was very surprised to see how the complex has grown.

4:00 Got to the poker room and put my name in for low limit stud, low limit omaha and 1-2NL. The room is huge, very loud and appeared disorganized.

4:20 Called for a 1-2 NL game. After being directed to see three different people I was told to just stand on the side and I would be directed to a table.

4:30 Sat down at a table and bought in. I was surprised at the other players ability level and lack of WPT wannabes. There was only one guy/kid wearing sunglasses and two players looked older than I am (48).

8:00 Left up $111 with no memorable hands or pots. There were no huge pots or anything of note. The biggest pot I won was about $65. The low limit omaha game never went off and I was finally called to play stud at about 7:00 but was too close to leaving to bother to move games/tables.

Just had a good time and won a few bucks. There were no really bad players or bad behavior. There wasn't even a lot of folding or betting out of turn. After reading some of the postings here I was happily surprised.

Best local rule: No cell phones. Twice I saw players pull out phones and within seconds they were asked to put them away. I wish everyplace did this.

Summary: A nice to place to play even if too loud. If I lived closer I would be a frequent player.