View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Splitting the MTT Forum

For my part, the reason I haven't posted in a while is simply that I've been busy with other things and haven't been playing much poker at all. If the forum has suffered over the last couple months, I'm not really in a position to speak to the topic. I feel pretty comfortable saying there never was a "golden age" and there have always been a large number of posts along the lines of should I fold AA, come sweat me with 20 tables left, etc. Somehow the forum survived.

To the extent my opinion really matters, I think there are definite differences between play at low buy-ins and play at higher levels. For example, good luck getting me to fold QQ preflop in a $10 event, no matter what happens. But while these differences are real, I've always felt like we do a good job of sorting them out within the context of a given post. ("I wouldn't fold here... but at a higher buy-in, I'd have to give him credit for a big hand and lay it down.")

I guess I would come down as mildly anti-split but I really think it's up to the folks who drop by here more often than I have lately. Either way, a split isn't the end of the world, it's not like there's a law against simply reading both forums. And if we don't split, that doesn't mean you'll be able to force MLG to post on your dumb folding AA thread.

Best wishes to all my MTT friends and I'm sure I'll be around again at some point.