View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Ribbo and Wintermute

[ QUOTE ]
Funny Wintermute, you had no trouble pulling stuff off of my blog-- which you apparently read even though I small[er] limits player and even though like you, I have not advertised it on this site-- to ridicule me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you're talking about this comment from the Barry G hand thread:

"I gauge the way you play based on the relatively tight stats you've posted as well as your intention to play a reduced-variance style by passing up +EV drawing situations on the flop at the $200 level, mentioned in your blog. I cannot see a player with that description having a full experiential understanding of the value of advertising as we are discussing here."

My point in that comment surely could not be mistaken as ridicule; rather, I was trying to explain why I thought you might not be seeing things the way I saw them in terms of LAG play advertising... I didn't mean for it to come off as a slam, simply a truthful explanation. I also attributed the comment to your blog, as you see, so as not to misrepresent what I was saying as something you had posted to the forum.

Also, I'm not sure why you would think I wouldn't read your blog simply because you play lower limits... Virtually everyone here plays low-mid limits, and I still post; in many ways, thinking about those games and hearing about others' experiences in them is just as useful as thinking/discussing bigger games.

Finally, as Big Dave D also mentioned, instances where I truly do ridicule someone are virtually always meant to be funny; I'm sure feelings occasionally get hurt, but that's just the nature of ball breaking. I think you'd be hard pressed to find an out-of-the-blue "you just suck" comment intended literally from me to another.