View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Ribbo and Wintermute

Funny Wintermute, you had no trouble pulling stuff off of my blog-- which you apparently read even though I small[er] limits player and even though like you, I have not advertised it on this site-- to ridicule me. So, this seems to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Let me say, I enjoy reading both of your blogs and writings and I think you have both improved my play in certain respects. IMHO, you both know a lot about the game and both are entertaining writers.

That being said, the need to ridicule other people is a flaw which both of you share equally, and which detracts from your value as posters. All it really says is that you are both insecure. I give you credit however for at least being open and honest about your own play, warts and all. Your postings have helped me be more meticulously honest with myself about my own play-- which I think is very important.

Ribbo on the other hand, is less forthcoming with his results. Although he pooh poohs Pokertracker, I think not using it causes him to inflate his results in his own mind.

After many session with Ribbo, these are my stats on him, and how we match up.

I think Ribbo is a dynamic and profitable player, but think his claim to make $1000 a day is fanciful. I am SURE he is a more profitable player than I am. However, his cock-sure attitude makes him a player that I love to have at my table. He increases the action at most tables, and I have found that though he applies a lot of pressure and is capable of great laydowns, it is not that hard to get him heads-up for the pot with the best of it, especially if you observe him and read his stuff.

I close with this very typical flush draw raise by Ribbo, where is is a huge dog...

***** Hand History for Game *****
$200 PL Omaha Hi/Lo - Thursday, November 17, Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Holyman_10 ( $582.54 )
Seat 3: patsa ( $108.93 )
Seat 4: LATERONDUDE ( $184.02 )
Seat 6: Ribbo ( $323.43 )
Seat 10: NUTS1201 ( $198.26 )
Seat 8: HERO ( $204.80 )
Seat 5: Intuition1 ( $39.18 )
Seat 7: GAMBIT314 ( $196.15 )
Seat 9: softhds1 ( $261.61 )
Seat 2: eddydragon ( $198.50 )
NUTS1201 posts small blind [$1].
Holyman_10 posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
eddydragon folds.
patsa folds.
LATERONDUDE folds.
Intuition1 folds.
Ribbo calls [$2].
GAMBIT314 folds.
HERO raises [$9].
softhds1 folds.
NUTS1201 folds.
Holyman_10 folds.
Ribbo calls [$7].
** Dealing Flop ** [ T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Ribbo checks.
HERO bets [$19.95].
Ribbo raises [$79.80].
HERO is all-In.
Ribbo calls [$116].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
** Dealing River ** [ 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Ribbo shows [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] a pair of aces.
Ribbo shows 8,7,6,4,A for low.
HERO shows [ A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] three of a kind, aces.
HERO shows 8,7,3,2,A for low.
HERO wins $204.80 from the main pot with three of a kind, aces.
HERO wins Lo ($204.80) from the main pot with 8,7,3,2,A.