View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Luv2DriveTT is right [AC trip non-report / Showboat review]

[ QUOTE ]
If I was playing 3/6, I'd buy in for two racks of 1's - WTF is up with the 5's -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, after it dawned on me how really out of hand the 5s had gotten, I started doing this. Of course this allowed me to play "banker" for the rest of the table. Some people thought this was really humorous, and I grant that I'm a bit of a control freak / ADD type, but it also had the legitimate benefit of saving the dealer time counting out chips. Of course I would end up with stacks of red anyway through playing banker and winning pots, and a couple of times I ran them back to the cage to buy a new rack of white. Yah, i'm a nerd.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Speaking of being a nerd, I forgot to mention that I managed to acquire each of the Borgata chip colors up to $100 on Wednesday (1/5/10/20/25/100), even I'm nowhere near the $40/80 and $80/160 games where the 10s and 20s usually play. (I kept the $10 as my newest card holder; I like blue chips becaues they don't look like anything playable at Foxwoods.) As long as you buy whole stacks of 20, they'll sell you whatever you ask for.

Oh, and speaking of overbuyins -- I saw a guy headed to a new $80/160 game with four or five racks of yellow ($20). Must be nice to be able to afford that game....