View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: A Question for Christians

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Carlo

I like the angle that you're coming from.

However, I think we need to consider that this is a "Science, Math and Philosophy" rather than "Metaphysics and Religion" forum; hence a large number of the contributors want to see "fact" that has a scientific foundation, and/or that which can reasonably deduced or extrapolated from such a foundation. We are dealing largely with Poker pros whose whole game plan is biased around probability and logic. I don't mean to sound sarcastic or conceited, but if we suddenly suggest that there exists a "realm" of the soul or spirit, then we have significantly challenged their world view. If moreover, we suggest that this realm transcends, or is a prerequisite of, the material world, then we are apparently seeking to turn that world view upside down. As such we should be expected to encounter a reception ranging from curiosity to abject skepticism. I expect to be flamed harshly for this post :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

David,

Quite understand what you are saying but I have to bring to your consideration that what I am talking of can be absolutely cognized scientifically.

The duality of faith/knowledge is of course a result of the type of thinking in our time(the Galelio thing would be seen as an external manifestation of this). The church took faith and science took reason,Q.E.D.

Conceive that through thinking one can approach that "hidden knowledge" in a scientific manner. This would necessitate observation by an observer which could be verified by other observers.

The geist of our scientific community is that events are only verifiable via WEIGHT and MEASUREMENT. This crashes the human into materiality and in fact is a non thinking metholodogy. To them, if it does not contain ponderability it is not worthy of examination. The scientist then spins thoughts(spiritual realities) to explain what they do not comprehend. The result is theorems,hypootheses, speculations,bad dreams, and non reality realities. At a time in the future people will see this time as a great superstition much like we see the "old gods" of grecian times.

Something to consider is that our technology is truly amazing but be careful when having the scientist explain what is going on. Don't believe the Wright brothers needed a calculus of flight , nor Alexander Graham Bell the physics of acoustics, or Thomas Edison the Laplacian Transformation.Copernicus clarified the heavens but never considered that there was not a spirituality involved.

I would very much like to clarify a piece of this "hidden reality"as a "pointer"to consideration by thinking individuals. This type of activity is up to each individual and I hopefully related that this world does exist, and it is within their powers to approach this reality.

Science and religion, it would seem, are both interested in truth, and inexorably they will meet each other at the mount.

carlo