View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: A Question for Christians

[ QUOTE ]
Carlo,

This seems like pontificating to me. You are making all sorts of fantastic explanations and claims of reasons by way of supposedly facts without quoting any reference or authority! I presume you have a direct line of communication established with the "Know-all".

By the way, have you ever beed abducted by aliens as well, or can you as easily explain this phenomena in a similarly as coherent way?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny and you're right,it does come off as pontificating. I can't "jump out of myself" and throw a book at you as one would in a debate, for it offers nothing. What I've tried to present has it's own logical consistency and within this the truth or error can be experienced. Not to worry though, your higher self"That I Am" will not allow falsehood to enter.

[ QUOTE ]
This one really tops the lot of them and really is the one that got my attention and forced my relying (I could really not help myself). "The little death" etymology seems to have escaped your usual references implied accuracy. It is a direct translation of the french "La petite Mort" and its import and meaning is somewhat different to sleep. FYI, it refers to the post coital and post ejaculation, or post oragsmic, period of time for a man, where he would rather stay still and reviewing the experience just had, than pander to the woman need for re-assurances. LOL

You sound quite young Carlo. Good luck with your angels etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly,I've never heard nor read of "La Petite Mort" in the above context. Using your reasoning ability and non judgemental understanding, which one offers more of a connection to the term"Little Death", ejaculation or sleep?

Consider sleep: most of us consider it a turning off of consciousness much like turning off a radio and this is because of the thought processes in existance today. The thought processes for machines are brought into our everyday life and explain phenomenon(either explicity or implicity or not at all) without even realizing it. Sleep on it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

To be fair,I'd like to offer Anthroposophy which can be found at Steiner Books.com.

carlo

P.S. MidGe-My son recently(2 years ago) did a semester in your land(Melbourne University)-worst grades ever! Young is nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].