View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 01:42 PM

Default A question for Steve Hudak

Steve,

What's up man. We have actually never met, but we happened to date the same girl at umd, and I know Danny. Anyways a friend of mine Jon Hubbell, who I think knows you as well and I were debating a hand that you played.-

Doug Lee has the button in seat 7, Pham raises under the gun to $16,000, Hudak reraises to $46,000, and Pham calls. The flop comes 7c-7h-5d, Pham checks, Hudak bets $50,000, and Pham thinks for a minute or two before saying, "I'm all in." The action is now back to Hudak, who would be calling with all of his chips. But Hudak folds, and Pham picks up a $202,000 pot.

Now he seems to think that you had a big ace and made a read that Pham had a pair on the flop and decided to lay it down.

Now my thinking here is that if you read him for a piar preflop wouldn't you just flat call the preflop bet and then make a decision on the flop? I think your reraise before the flop indicates big pair or big ace, and your play on the flop indicates big ace, but if you had a big ace wouldn't the pot odds dictate a call? I thought it would be a tough laydown if you had anything better then AQ.

If I had to guess I would say you maybe had KQ. I mean this a total random guess because I don't know what the blinds and antes are, but that was my thought.

I'm very curious to hear your thought process on this hand.

Thanks man,

Robert