View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: open limp from middle postion

Time for a rant.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, this question isn't really appropriate for this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something that has been bothering me for a while and it has become much more prevalent lately since the split and everybody and their mother is a mod now. The perception from posters and many mods that micro equals beginner or high stakes for is for experts only. This perception is wrong. The micro forum is for questions regarding play that has occurred in a micro limit game. Micro games play much different than high limit games. Top pair weak kicker may be a fold in a micro limit game where it may be a raise in a high limit game. It is for this reason that there have been different forums created for the different levels. A micro limit poster shouldn't be going into a high limit forum and giving advice on how to play a hand the same as a high limit player shouldn't be advising a microlimit player on how to play a hand.

So you say this question doesn't belong in this forum. Where does it belong then? If the OP plays midlimit games then this is definitely the proper forum for his question. If he plays high limit games then it should have been left in the high limit forum. This post may seem trivial to many midlimit players, it may even seem like a beginner question, well so what? MAYBE THE OP IS A BEGINNER PLAYING MID LIMITS. He is asking a strategic question about midlimit games, it doesn't matter how trivial the question is-if its about midlimit games then it belongs in the midlimit forum.

If I won the lottery and want to start out playing 500/1000 as a beginner poker player, that's my business. And if I have some strategy questions about the game they belong in high stakes, even if I'm asking something dumb like if I should raise AA on the button. If you think its a dumb question just dint respond.

This isn't directed just at you eric, many of the mods don't seem to grasp the concept of the separate forums and this needed to be said.