View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: MySpace Opener Theory Discussion

Gonores,

I didn't disagree with waiting, that is fine. I'm saying, don't put energy into creating an image that you cannot keep up in person. Even if being witty helps you get girls, building up the expectation in her mind that you are Woody Allen is a bad idea if when she meets you, you're a putz.

If you are shy, be the shy guy. If you are goofy, be the goofy guy. I dont think its gonna work to spend all your time thinking "what would vince vaughn in swingers do" if you aren't vince vaughn from swingers. When she shows up and you're mikey, shes gonna feel decieved.

"Sorry, dude, but the smart and witty types get the girls."

That is almost too funny. While the top 1 or 2 percent of smart/witty dudes are getting girls, to say they are the dominant force in the battle for poon is... misguided at best.

"If you're socially awkward and not particularly engaging with women, you can and should practice becoming smart/witty...don't accept your doofusness as something you can't change. "

If you want to work on being witty, fine. You aren't going to get witty in the time between email number 2 and meeting number 1 most likely, however. Not being witty also does not equal socially awkward. Actually, pretty much everything you said completely missed my point. If you can't be witty on the fly, in person, than you are screwed is my only point. Because she will show up thinking that is who you are, when it isn't, you're toast.