View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Sick Of It (Vent/Asking For Help)

I've found multitabling to be too hard on the senses at NL. I know part of that is my small monitor size forcing me to overlap windows and thus only watch the action on one table at a time. Even when 2-tabling (my number of choice) I still find, if one table has been hot for a few minutes, when I pick up a hand at the other table, those few minutes have cost some of my feel for other players. There are certainly players who manage multitabling NL (half the posters here it would appear), but being in similar circumstances to yourself for a long time, I found whenever I am experiencing a series of bad beats or a long downrun, I just return to a game I know I can beat, full-ring, and one table, then return to 6-max, then add more tables. It keeps my attention on the game and forces me to reevaluate my play.

The other thought I had when reading your post was not banking your profits. I realize these fish present a really good oppurtunity for money, but nothing makes me more nervous than playing deepstacked with a really loose, erratic player. Sometimes I scored really really well and have a great night, but there are times, just like you are describing, when suddenly all my work vanished. If you have the BR to suffer the variance, then hell yes, those tables are worth it. But where you are right now... I am not so sure. Its just smarter when low-rolled to bank a smaller guaranteed profit than the potential bigger profit. Being low-rolled for a while, I found it much more reassuring on the nerves to just bank constant profits, even if they were smaller profits than I might have otherwise earned. I know I cost myself opportunities for profit, but when you are down like that, your primary concern should be getting your bankroll back up and minimizing variance. This is not to say you can't make money off the fish, but I'm just content to make a note of them, maybe buddy list them, bank my profit and steal their money another night.