View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Am I an inveterate LAG? (3/6 NL)

Haven't been at the table very long. Read on the guy is that he plays pretty standardly, maybe a bit looser than most people you'll find at a full ring table (that's currently playing shorthanded). My image is loose, with a propensity to raise the flop, but not extraordinarily so.

Yeah, I know the preflop raise is very loose, but sometimes I like to throw in that kind of stuff, especially when it's not a full table. Please, be merciless in critiquing this hand, especially the flop play and the turn jam. Please tell me what a donk I am. I can certainly explain my warped thinking after a few replies.

There's no converter for FTP, so this will be done poorly, by hand...

Full Tilt Poker Game #358843004: Table Copper Mesa - $3/$6 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:32:42 ET - 2005/12/29
Seat 1: CO ($238)
Seat 3: Button ($770.85)
Seat 4: SB ($756.65)
Seat 6: BB ($566.25)
Seat 7: UTG ($414.70)
Seat 8: Hero (UTG+1) ($567.60)
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
UTG folds
Hero raises to $18
CO folds
Button calls $18
(blinds fold)
*** FLOP *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero bets $30
Button raises to $78
Hero calls $48
*** TURN *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero checks
Button (insta)bets $126
Hero (thinks for a few seconds and) raises to $471.60, and is all in

EDIT: I am mainly a tournament player, and I would make this play really, really often in a tournament. I'm trying to use my tournament winnings to learn NL cash games (haven't donked off too much of my bankroll yet). Something tells me that in a cash game, where people can just reload, this play isn't nearly as profitable (if it's profitable at all, at any time). But then again, I also have found that people have a propensity to fold without a big hand here at FTP's cash games.