View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Is this rude? Or am I a racist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of actions does not make you racist. Being intolerant of actions dependent on the persons race does.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of black people because they are too loud is clearly being racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're logic is all backwards and mixed up. He's intolerant of anyone who's too loud. That's not racist. He thinks blacks are more inclined to be loud than other races. That might be racist, but if it's true I don't think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least beat the correct dead horse. The "debate" has nothing to do with what the O.P. stated. The "debate" is only about this statement:

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are being a racist. You know why? Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty clear: J.W. uses a definition of "racist" which I have never seen or heard, anywhere. Why? Well, JaketheBake has the answer ... its total gibberish, an idiotic statement. Furthermore, the well reasoned Hutz correctly "called B.S." on J.W.

J.W. attempted to turn the tide by mangling the O.P. original's statement/question, but, nobody is fooled by the smoke and mirrors. Furthemore, as Hutz pointed out, his position was so untenable, J.W. was forced into ad hominem attacks to save face.

I vote: Not only was it an idiotic statement, it was also total B.S.