View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Poll: Defining \"Typical\"

Hmmm, maybe I wasn't clear.... Maybe some people are entering how often they personally will raise a pot while others are entering percent of players seeing the flop or something else unrelated....

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think the real statistic of interest is the percentage of people seeing the flop. That's usually between 35% to 65% (and maybe more).

[/ QUOTE ]
No doubt this is the first, most important thing we all look for in a game. Playing online, the range of numbers you give seem about right to me. Maybe that should have been the first poll....

But what I'm interested in at the moment is, given that it is a loose game, and we sit down, we're going to want to adjust our hand selection for how aggressive it is. There's a lot of advice in this forum along these lines that refers to "typical play." Fine. Next question: what is a typical amount of aggression? Hence, this poll.

[ QUOTE ]
It would be a very LAG table to be over 15%

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. Maybe it's just me, and when I sit down everyone instantly recognizes how tight I am and starts raising maniacly. Are you really saying you see less than 15% of pots raised before the flop? That's less than one every 7 hands-- I would love that!

If your experience is more typical than mine, the option ranges for the poll are way off... But heck with that! The far more important question is where do you play? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]