View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: ALL Forum Splitting Comments/Suggestions Go here!

J:

FWIW, I am glad you consolidated the posts. In an effort to further clarify my suggestion, I would like to restate the key points. Hopefully, I can get the idea out correctly and then the idea can live or die accordingly.

Effectively communicating in writing is very difficult. I believe several words in my post poorly represented what I was suggesting. Split and elite seemed to respectively create the impression that I was advocating a deconstruction of the board and that only the "elite" were worth interacting with.

Neither is the case. I think that this board is excellent and I do not believe there are any major issues with the board. At the same time, with the growing popularity of the board and the resulting increase in the number of posts, I think that the board could benefit from category organization.

I would vote for organizing the board along the lines (buy-in)that you referenced in your post. Also, I think that categories for "Official MTT" and "Final Table Sweat" threads makes sense.

Finally, my suggestion centered on the creation of a discussion group that all members could read. But, posting was only for members who had achieved a level of consistent winning play at a higher-level.

IMO, an easy solution to removing any concerns about how or who to choose for this group would be to strictly, rely on a merit system.

Tournament poker is well documented. Setting a benchmark for full participation based on a player's published results would be an accurate way to start, develop and maintain the discussion group. This group would remain open for any 2+2 member who achieved those results and wanted to participate.

I believe that a discussion group like this would be a tremendous value and benefit to all 2+2 members.

Hope this post clarifies my suggestion and generates some positive discussion.

Thanks!