View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Fantasy help, it\'s the playoffs! $$-time

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck bro. I'll try one last time to talk you out of this decision. You know how fantasy analysts refer to certain players as "must-start, regardless of matchup"? Carson Palmer is this type of player.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If it makes you feel better, I played against Palmer, and sat Roethlisberger myself (didn't realize you had him.) However, if you do not see the point of the advice I was trying to give you, you will not succeed in FF.

Edit: Roethlisberger threw 3 picks, both QBs had 27 pts in my league

[/ QUOTE ]

Your advice was basically "you must start Carson Palmer because he is a must play ". So you're saying you won't be successful at fantasy football unless you limit yourself to one-dimensional, unbending, linear football analysis like that? Give me a break. Warner was a very strong play this week, arguably even stronger than Palmer. No one can pick who will score higher every week. There is variance in fantasy football too, so please don't bother to point out that Palmer did score a few points more than Warner.

[ QUOTE ]
Why oh why did I draft Culpepper in the first round?

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact that you stated that you drafted Culpepper in the first round makes me question your fantasy football knowledge to an even greater extent. I'm not even being results oriented here. It's just a fact that it's easy to get a QB in the 5th-7th round of drafting that will put up 80-90% of the fantasy numbers that a 1st round QB pick would. It's virtually impossible to get a RB in the 5th-7th round that would put up 80-90% of the production of a 1st round RB choice, unless your league is: very small, includes a bunch of idiots, or you get lucky and pick a sleeper.