Thread: LOST (spoilers)
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: LOST (spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
the parallel that I drew, which worries me, is X Files. for the first few seasons, X Files was the best drama/action/sci-fi show on TV. the alien/conspiracy plot line was very interesting, and trying to figure it all out kept viewers tuning in. problem was, instead of letting viewers figure it out, they just kept adding more and more questions/problems, and it got the point that there were so many contradictions that the writers could no longer answer all the questions. the show basically crashed and burned, and many questions have not been answered (and it's basically too late to sort it all out).

I worry somewhat about these same things happening to Lost, but my sense is that the writers have a much better "long term" grasp of where the show needs to be. like another poster stated, what's critical is that the writers figure out the sweet spot for how many seasons the show should run, and write the rest of the episodes with this in mind. if they just keep dragging it out, it will turn into the X files. if they decide to take the high road and make one of the best 3-4 seasons shows ever, then I think the potential is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between LOST and The X-files is that LOST is a soap-opera type story line. In the X-files, most episodes could stand alone, even if there was a little connection to the "overall" storyline.