View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Vegas...here I come

I _Just_ got back from Vegas tonight and this was my first serious poker trip. I suggest trying the 4/8 at Bellagio, but watch out... it's like playing with dynamite. My first session there I did really well and we had a couple of rich drunk guys trying to learn how the game works. I didn't make a killing, but I felt comfortable at this table. My second session was a horrible, horrible experience though. The Asian lady's were playing this time, and everyone was a freaking rock. The only pot I won was split with the guy next to me. After burning through two $200 buyins I decided maybe I was the sucker and left to play some drunken 2/4 at my hotel.

The rest of the trip I played in some really soft games at Bally's (2/4), Excalibur (2-6 spread), and MGM (2/4). I know what they say about the rake in 2/4, but quite frankly it's better than the black eyes your bankroll can suffer if something goes wrong.

If you can get down there, I suggest hitting the Excalibur early in the day for the 2-6 spread. They have "Free Poker Lessons" and the class dumps into that or the 1-3 spread. The betting structure is a little goofy if you don't know what spread is, but you'll catch on quick. It'll just take a little more counting to get the pot odds right.