View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 06:42 PM

Default Re: 20/40 7CS/8 ? Expensive Third Street Call With a Live Flush

Without reading your opinion or that of the venerable vehn_, I'd say you have a fold. I think playing for one bet is fine, but two is probably -EV. I think the original limp was OK, depending on the aggressiveness of the players still in. If the player with the Ace raises on third street a lot, hero just might save the five bucks.

I love flush draws in high-only stud, but in stud/8 you're usually playing for half the pot. Your low shot in this case is pretty dubious--8-high with a bad one and as many as three low hands in. If you change the <font color="red">8</font color>[img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] to the <font color="red">6</font color>[img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img], it might be close. If you change the <font color="red">8</font color>[img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] to the <font color="red">A</font color>[img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img], you have a play. It's amazing how much Aces improve hands in this game. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

All this said, I still have trouble throwing away three-flushes. I think you're asking for trouble in this spot, though. If she had folded for the original five bucks, I don't think she would have been giving up much.