View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Trips from BB (25 PLO)

I think the turn is definetly the crux of my problem with this hand. Since the board is paired I should be able to get away with a bet less then the pot without being raised by a hand I am beating except by a tricky oppenent (or fishy opponent that thinks weak trips are good) and by doing so would pressure villian here.

Check calling just leaves me with no idea of where I am. I will probably try a turn bet in similar situations from time to time and see how that works.

I'm sure you just overlooked it, but you realize I have 4 outs (2 remaining aces) against 5's full and not 2.

Not saying the river bet is good here, but just to explain. It's carried over from holde'm. The board is pretty scary and I have a hand I am not sure is good or not. I make a value looking bet as a blocking bet to price myself in to see the showdown for less then a full pot bet. Since the board is scary villian won't be raising anything that I beat. He might even be scared and fold a straight or a flush. Though I'm sure he wasn't specficially drawing to straight or flush since there were 0 draws on the flop so we can discount his chances unless his sidecards hit him.