View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: 94% of Americans believe God Exists

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i remember this figure of 94% about 10 years ago, or maybe it was 96%. I'm very dissaapointed that it hasn't changed but 10 years is a short time. but anyway that 1% that say they are sure that god does not exist are ovbiousely morons. ..and i hope no one in here think that...i mean ur in a poker forum!!! give it odds sohnnnn!!

and i hate the noncommital attitude of americans... if you're going to believe in god (as long as it is a specific god) then go to church and try to live a holy life. I mean, I'm a non-believer, but everyone wants all of the reward and none of the sacrafice..

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I am one of the morons.

This topic of certainty has been addressed before. Wonder why people can be certain there is one but not that there isn't? You want odds - how about 1 google to 1 against there being a god.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's absolutely fine in my mind, i put about as low odds on it also, but simply from a person's respect of logic and reasoning, giving it NO chance is ridiculous... i suppose saying there s NO chance is much easier and get's the general point across, if giving your "official" belief i think most would give it odds (however low they may be) rather than giving a somewaht irrational "NO chance" answer

and someone saying that they are absolutely sure that god does exist is not the same because of logical reasons but probably just as ridiculous.. also this person would be more inclined to have their "official" belief as 100% that theree is a god because if not......well you know... the whole wrath of god thing