View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: $22 hand, second nuts on the river

Just my thoughts on the subject...
Don't like the mini reraise to 205 after he reraise your 70 to 110...I think with the 2nd nuts in that situation you obviously thought you had the best hand, and wanted more money, so his raise was advantagous to you. But by raising to 205, you put yourself in a position to be outplayed. You are now thinking if he has the hand better than yours, and this hand would also be the nuts...is he really betting out 15 with the nuts in this situation, especially when a Q and a J are out there as well as a weak straight on the turn? And if your are worried about the reraises, well what if he was playing a weaker flush than yours? In that situation you sort of got "outplayed" by a weaker flush by getting you to call instead of pushing with a smallish stack. I'm definitely still learning, but one thing I have noticed is that when blinds are small LOTS of players decide to play their lower suited connectors because its cheap to play. Of course Ax suited fits this situation as well, but I say if you play a Kx suited and you make a flush and the person playing with you has a small stack like yours, you must simply decide that you outdrew him and push. Just my opinion...