View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Re: \"In the beginning, there was Flying Spaghetti Monster\"

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My beef is with the teaching of the Neo-Darwinian model of evolution as essentially factual.

[/ QUOTE ]

No science is taught as an essential fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops - time out. I need to bring up something you said earlier......

[ QUOTE ]
Evolution is a fact.....

[/ QUOTE ]

back to your most recent post..

[ QUOTE ]
A scientific theory must have a dynamic nature and i doubt any scientists feel they have ever theorized any essential facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe evolution is a fact then .....??

[/ QUOTE ]

"FACT: A statement of an event or condition where the statement can be proven and shown to be correct (or disproven and thus shown to be incorrect) on the basis of some evidence"

Evolution is a fact. To say a theory is an essential fact would be equivalent to saying the theory is inherently correct and unchangable at any point in time.

edit:

"In science, a fact is data supported by a scientific experiment. A fact is an honest observation. A scientific fact is an honest observation seen by many scientists. A scientific fact is a scientific observation that is so accepted that it becomes difficult to consider other interpretations of the data. A fact may tentatively support or refute a model of how the universe works. Facts do not prove a model is correct. One observation of any phenomenon does not prove anything."