View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:12 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Results/Thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your fold for pretty much the exact reasons you outlined. If UTG+1 really hadn't used all of those chips to steal or limp or anything in all the 30 hands you've seen, he's way too tight for me to love this spot. If he at least made a few position raises or called a raise now and then, I shove my chips in here with only a slight twitch. But here I just want to throw up when I shove into two people who could easily have the exact hands I'm fearing. Blech.

On a side note, does the bubble situation make you more or less inclined to mess with close spots here? If you doubled up or won this pot you'd have over 10k and could steal a lot of important blinds. But then again you can steal decently with your current stack and don't have to risk going home empty. Hmm

Everett

[/ QUOTE ]

He's no longer on the bubble, the bubble burst at 140 and they're down to 130. Payouts at this stage are usually mediocre and you need to really hit the final table to see worthwhile payouts.

As such, you should be playing to accumulate chips, not allow yourself to be whittled away to the point where you can't push people out of a pot.

I don't fault folding here maybe 20-25% of the time, but I think it's a push the other 75-80%.