View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Results/Thoughts

I burned almost my entire time bank and folded.

UTG folded and UTG+1 won uncontested.

I'm not a big fan of folding thin edges in order to find the mythical "better spot", but I really didn't think I had an edge here.

UTG's open limp was disconcerting, being so short and limping UTG, but my bigger concern was UTG+1.

He had only played one hand since I sat down, and it was KK on the bubble. He had a few opportunitites to steal and didn't take them.

Now he's raising in EP over a suspcious limp.

At best (best for me that is) I put him on AA-TT, AK,AQ, and I'm a slight dog to that range with only 500 overlay in the pot, which might not be an overlay. I think given his tightness that range is fairly broad. You could put in 99, but I think adding AQ evens it out some.

Add to him the UTG limp and I didn't figure to be in great shape, so seeing no edge I folded.

I have no problem with those who say push, and I push this over someone I have seen splash around even once in a heartbeat, UTG be dammed.

I had a very good August, and I attribute some of that to have some patience and not putting my $$$ in a bad spot due to stack size pressure (i.e. calling)

I have started September poorly, bubbling and going out a few time by calling in spots where I really didn't have to, and want to reverse that trend.

Is this one of those places I should take the slight worst of it?

FWIW I lost 1/3 of my stack a few hands later coming over top of a shorty all in with AQ, he had 77 and hit a set.

I lost the rest with TT after hitting a set on the flop, only to lose to KK, who hit his set on the turn.

After the tourney I was thinking about my hands, and if I win the JJ hand, I can withstand the TT v. KK beat....hmmmmm

Regards,
Woodguy