View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 10:59 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: JJ, Super Tuesday, just into the money

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a good place for a squeeze play Harington talked about? After UTG limps, UTG+1 makes it 2000 togo and you make it 3500, UTG is going away unless he is slowplaying AA or KK, With his odds and at least a very good hand UTG+1 is at least calling and maybe pushing. If you push, UTG is still going away without AA or KK(wouldn't think he's limping with QQ or AK-AQ), if he feels like coming in with anything less let him come. UTG+1 raises 4x BB here with his big stack of chips, does not want anybody in this hand but you pushed anyways. He calls you with AA-QQ and AK prob AQ. His raise could be isolation on the limper who he may know better than you. At this point I'm pushing or folding, I lean toward's pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raising like that commits half of your remaining chips into the pot, making it extremely difficult for you to fold if you're played back at. I'd rather push and give myself the best chance to push out an A/Q or lower, and possibly an A/K might fold if he feels that he's at best coin-flipping and possibly dominated.