View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 10:44 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: JJ, Super Tuesday, just into the money

So you'll lose to the limper and double up in the side pot against the raiser, sounds like a win-win situation to me? w00t! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just because the UTG player has made the money, does not mean this player is skilled and playing optimally. He probably hasn't played a hand because he's been trying to make the money.

He could be limping with a monster, or he could be limping with a speculative hand (high suited connectors, small pocket pair, etc)

Regardless, I still like a push here, it gives you more opportunities to win the pot (by your opponents folding or by your hand holding up in a showdown)

Calling is the worst option, and I can understand why some might be scared of the early action and fold, fearing that they are AT BEST coin-flipping in this situation. Without further information on the limper, it's tough to say. I put the raiser on A/K or A/Q or maybe even A/J suited. But without more info on these two players, the other stacks at the table, etc. it's hard to say.