View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: A move I make more often than not. Leak, or standard play?

I don't think image and read are the important issue here. I think the important issue is when the blinds go up to 100/200.

To me, at the Party games, that is the critical point of the game. The jump is so huge that you have to prepare for that, in order not to lose significant fold equity.

Also, everytime you push like this (SB in a pretty obvious blind steal) changes your table image and increases the chance that you will be called when you don't want to be called. So you want to be careful about wasting your tight image on a small blind steal. I don't think many party players pay attention to a person's image, EXCEPT someone who is stealing with all-in bets. Everybody notices that.

Having said that:

1. If the blinds go up the very next hand, I would probably take a chance and fold this and push the next hand (if given the opportunity). I know you'll be pushing against the big stack, but even the big stack wants some cards to call your push, ESPECIALLY if this is your first push.

2. If the blinds go up before they hit you again (but not on the very next hand), I would push this. You need to get some chips to survive the 100/200 blinds, and this is a good opportunity. The difference between 885 chips and 1035 chips is pretty big when the blinds are 100/200.

3. If the blinds do not go up before they hit you again, I would not push this. You have about ten hands before you are confronted with the 100/200 blinds. You might get a good hand, you might get better opportunities. I don't want to basically bust out with 54s if I have that much room to play with.

Levels 4, 5 and beyond, you are playing stacks and position more than your cards.