View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Pocket 2\'s ITM with even stacks

[ QUOTE ]
If you push, You will get calls here with AK-T, KQ, maybe KJ at least in addition to pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - that was the range I put this guy on

[ QUOTE ]
ICM says this is a push with any 2 cards, even if BB has loose calling standards

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is my point - ICM says that pushing is better than folding here with any 2. My deeper question is what about calling? What about min raising? What about 3x raising? These all have +/- $ev depending on cirumstances. If I can steal the blinds 80% of the time with a 3x raise and cut my chance of busting out very significantly then it is likely a better play. Once you determine the % chance he folds, the % chance he reraises all-in and you fold and the % chance he calls then comparisons agaisnt pushing and foldnig become possible. Maybe the answer is still push but this is what I am wondering and I suspect the answer might not be so obvious.

[ QUOTE ]
If you aren't thinking push here you're giving up a lot of prize money equity and should really re-evaluate your bubble/ITM play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's the thing - I always think push here. This hand got me thinking about things besides push or fold.

Thanks for the comments,

rvg