View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 05:18 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: is it hard to be dealer?

[ QUOTE ]
1. Some people who had never played poker, probably couldn't spell it.. (seriously) were hired after an 80 hour school, they are slow and not accurate at all.. push pots to the wrong players, fail to take the rake.. etc etc... but they are working..

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that the new, clueless dealers greatly improve if they eventually actually play the game they are dealing at some point.

One thing I give credit for, for new dealers, is if they're making an effort. I don't mind if their slow as long as they keep the game moving and are trying. Showing that they at least care for the game they're dealing. They will screw up more often, but don't we all when we're learning? Especially if it's their first week in the box. I shudder when I see a new dealer being openly berated by a player, usually over something petty, when it's visibly obvious the dealer is trying to deal good. It's a sickening sight.

If a dealer is new but showing that they care about what they're doing and are trying, great. They will improve eventually if they keep at it. Some make mistakes are just out of nervousness. Im sure they feel, to some degree, like they are on an island under a magnifying glass when dealing a table.

b