View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: think about this...

[ QUOTE ]
haha, no friction in the conveyor belt is different than no friction. if there is "no friction" then the bolts that hold the wings on would unscrew due to the weight on the wings and the wheels would slip on the rims and the conveyor belt couldn't be started or stopped ever. i never saw the no friction=no viscous drag post.

i'm right btw and 95% of the "infinity < infinity + 1" post are retarded. you guys have no concept of infinity, it's not a flippin number that you can perform addition on

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, this really is the last time I post in this thread, I swear.

Using OP's logic, you could prove 1+1=5. How you ask?

infinity+(1+1)=(5)+infinity

Cancel out infinity on each side

OMG, 1+1=5! Obviously you can't do this, because as you say, its not a number you can perform addition on. However, thats basically what he's doing by saying, yeah the conveyer belt's speed is the same as the wheels when they both reach infinity. Its a retarded argument, and the original OP did not specify "will this plane take off when the speed of the wheels and the treadmill reach infinity). It asked "will this plane take off if the speed of the wheels is equal to that of the treadmill." The answer is no. At whatever POINT the plane actually takes off, at that POINT in time, the wheels are moving faster than the treadmill. That is all that matters.