View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Flopped nuts but very vulnerable

[ QUOTE ]
check and see what happens...

[/ QUOTE ]

Little Fishy - I think you don't want to play the hand this passively if you're planning to call a bet with the hand. I'm not sure, but I think you might generally do better by playing the hand more aggressively.

If you're planning to fold to a bet, then checking to see what happens makes sense. In that case, maybe nobody will bet and then you can decide what to do after the (free) turn card.

[ QUOTE ]
1. If a bet comes from early position and it comes back to you for 1 than call and bet out on the turn as long as no scare card comes. what you're doing here is trying to create more outs for yourself on the river. there isn't much aggression if 1 out of 6 makes a bet, and so you can trim the field and may not even have to dump it if a scare card comes down the river, a check call could win you half the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Creative. But it costs you a small bet on the second betting round and then it will cost you at least one big bet on the third betting round to play this way. I think you tend to dribble away a lot of money chasing with these hands.

[ QUOTE ]
2. If a single bet comes from late position than raise making ot 2 to the majority of the field. again you're increasing your outs by forcing out hands that are drawing to crack you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have any outs. You might force out hands that are drawing against you. A considerable threat to your seven high straight are hands that have the low and also a draw to the high. You're not likely going to force them out.

[ QUOTE ]
3. if it comes back to you for 2+ then look at the action. if it goes bet raise fold to you than pop it making it 3. if this happens then idealy it'll get capped by the raiser and you and the two innitial aggressors will see the turn. what you're hoping for here is that the low half is quartered...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're almost as likely to get quartered here as the low hand.

And meanwhile you're sinking a lot of money into this pot.

[ QUOTE ]
...because a hand like A267, A367 would probably raise preflop from late position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. Depends on various factors. Some players might raise before the flop from late position with these hands, but others wouldn't.

[ QUOTE ]
how does my reasoning look

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll have to try it out in a live game to see for yourself what happens.

Usually your flopped nut straight will not be quite as bad as the one in this example.

Buzz