View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 04:49 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: AQ RIVER TP. LELAISE OR CALL?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3rd, the title of your post can be construed (probably correctly) as a racist insult. Do you really feel the need to muddy up a hand discussion with such a pointless (and not funny) 'joke'.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG who are you? if i call you a p ussy will you be offended?

[/ QUOTE ]

My name is Eric Lindauer. I agree that lelaise in this context can be construed as a racial slur, and that it is probably intended, and certainly unecessary.

You can call me all the names you want, and since I don't know you, you'll have a hard time offending me. I'll probably be inclined to think of you as a dimwitted nobody who isn't smart enough to come up with something insightful to say and feels the need to replace wit with mud slinging. Sadly, such people seem to thrive in the anonymity of cyber space.

good luck.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you've never heard that term in a cardroom? I hear it all the time. Along with 'Ni Han.' It's actually common enough that it's almost typical banter in a cardroom and not a racial slur.

You can blame asians for popularizing those terms as they seem to be the ones I hear going out of their way in using them the most.

b