View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Orb/HDTV/Tuner Card Question

Hi All,
I'm trying to figure out how to watch the NFL playoffs on my laptop while I'm traveling for work next month, and Orb looks like a good solution.

Problem: I need to buy a tuner card for my home desktop, and I would greatly prefer to buy an HDTV for my new 2405fpw

But, I can't quite figure out how well/if Orb works w/ HDTV. Here is what it says on the Orb website about ATI HDTV Wonder support:

"(*) NOTE: On the ATI HDTV Wonder, only the digital tuner works in Orb; the analog tuner does not have a MPEG-2 hardware encoder and, therefore, is not compatible with Orb (regular TV channels cannot be streamed or recorded in Orb). "

So, does this mean if my ATI HDTV card can pick up the game in HDTV in Boston, then I will be able to watch the game via Orb on my laptop? And if it's not in HDTV, then I won't be able to?

Secondary question: does anyone have experience w/ HD and Orb? Does it work well, or should I just buy a regular SD tuner card for my PC?

TYIA!

PS: full list of supported tuners below. if not the ATI, can anyone suggest an alternative?

http://www.orb.com/?page=support/sy....nts&view=1