View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Sat bubble play. autocall with AK ?

Assuming there are two more tables the sizes of the short stacks on these are highly relevant. Meaning, if you are the third shortest stack overall and everybody else has like a million in chips, this could merit a call.

Also relevant is time left of current level. If the blinds are about to double in a few hands it would be an incentive to call as well.

But these conjectures aside, currently you are the third shortest stack on you table, with enough chips for sitting 4 rounds at this level - not at all that uncomfortable 5 seats from the money in a super satellite. Definitively not a panic situation.

UTG+1 with a bigger stack than your moves in. Unless you have seen him do that with a wide range of hands you are very likely to find yourself on the short side of a coinflip here - pretty much only ahead of AQ and AJ, the latter not even being that likely.

AK is a hand I like to re-raise all-in with, not to call all-in - it's usually badly in need of FE to be ahead.

In a regular tournament on the bubble and with reads of UTG+1 being a LAG I might call.

Here - pending the stack sizes on the other tables - I think it's a clear fold.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)