View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 11:51 AM

Default Same fish, a good player & me

10-20 at the Bike.
UTG+1 open limps. All fold to fish in SB who calls. I get a free play in BB with 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] . Flop comes 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . Fish leads, I raise not wanting any draws in there and besides I much prefer to be heads up with a calling station. EP cold calls, fish 3-bets and I cap. EP and fish call. Turn is A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] . Fish bets, I just call thinking that EP would cold call flop with A9 and a little surprised that fish bet. EP raises, fish calls, I call. River is a blank. Fish bets, I call, EP mucks. Never saw EP's hand, but feel that he had Ax [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] as I had seen him make this play twice earlier in the session. I gave the fish the straight or 76. No real way to tell. Sometimes cowardice seems the better part of valor. He had the 76 and I won a nice pot. Comments please.