View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: 2 50-100 hands vs. phil laak

ok there have been a ton of valuable replies and i'm going to try and give some feedback here but if i left you out feel free to let me know.

fsu, the game was shorthanded, i think 4 or 5.

and i think it was turnipmonster that asked about my image at the table.

i've played w/ phil quite a few times and i think he views me as a pretty aggressive player who isn't afraid to mix it up (ie: bluff, semi-bluff), and while he knows i am a winning player, he doesn't seem to mind playing pots with me and seems to like to call my raises in position.

when i'm playing in a game with really deep stacks against observant opponents i try and mix up my game as much as possible, so i rarely take one line consistently through the night.

i am just as likely to be check-raising the turn with a total bluff as i am with a monster. when playing in this game if you can't do both then get up.

as for the second hand he literally beat me into the pot with his call, the river bricked off and i check folded to his $4K or $5K bet.

as for the jumping around and shadow boxing thing, i definately think he was trying to play it up for the cameras in the hopes of making a name for himself, which he did.

at the tables he is always a good sport. he's a real quality individual and if he wasn't so damn good at poker i would say its a pleasure to play with him.