Thread: AA in MP
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 11:35 PM

Default Re: AA in MP

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have called down from the turn on. I see no reason to raise the turn. You either have him drawing to 2 outs or vice versa.

Any reasonable player will fold 9x on the turn when you raise them again. This hand is exactly how poor players play trips/boats. They don't 3-bet for some reason and love to stop and go on all streets. Your turn raise doesn't tell him that you have a ten, but it tells him that you have a big hand. When he fires again on the river, he is surely not bluffing into the strength you have shown (and he surely has at least a 10).

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where i'm at right now:

if i call on the turn, the button can call easily and i don't know where i stand.

if i raise on the turn and get bet into on the river - i might fold. (which i didn't)

----------------------------

1)i raise the turn - i can get the button the fold. if the SB 3-bets, i can fold.

2)i call the turn, button calls - i'm not making them pay to improve and don't know where i'm at and it's a 3-way pot.

3)i call on the turn, button folds - still not sure where i'm at on the river.

4)i raise the turn, button folds and SB bets into me on river and 5)i raise the turn, button calls and SB bets into me on the river:

you are might be right about folding on the river, even though i was inclined to call on the river, but i still think you should raise the turn.