Thread: London
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: London

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As far as dismissing this by conservative (I would say neo-cons not conservatives) I definitely expect them to dismiss any view not offered first on Fox News. The few still thinking for themselves may find some nuggets to ponder (or not).

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, it is possible that conservatives just have a different opinion on issues than liberals and are not simply following the talking points of Fox News. I wish we could get past the name calling and disrespect each side shows to each other, and simply say, "I disagree with the conservative/liberal viewpoint because..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I can't stand bitter partisanship. Polical theory can be very interesting, but it's often impossible to discuss without breaking into name-calling and stereotypes.

I'm conservative and enjoy watching foxnews, because it's marketed towards my point of view. If someone told me I didn't form my own opinions, but allowed myself to be brainwashed by a cable news network, I'd be very offended. I would never claim that someone who is liberal marches to beat of CNN or the NY Times, I would just assume they have a different opinion than I do.